Tyler Perry's Good Deeds
PG-13 2012 | 110 mins | Drama
A successful, wealthy businessman, Wesley Deeds has always done what's expected of him, whether it's assuming the helm of his father's company, tolerating his brother's misbehavior at the office or planning to marry his beautiful but restless fiancée, Natalie. But Wesley is jolted out of his predictable routine when he meets Lindsey, a down-on-her-luck single mother who works as a cleaning person in his office building. Outspoken, impulsive and proud - and also recently evicted - Lindsey struggles to make ends meet for herself and her young daughter. But when Wesley offers to help her get back on her feet, his innocent good deed ignites an unexpected attraction - and suddenly Wesley finds himself caught between the life he thought he wanted and the powerful desires of his heart...
Trailers + Extras
- A Little Help
- On the Set of Good Deeds A look behind the scenes at the making of Tyler Perry's...
- Tyler Perry's Good Deeds Trailer 1
- Good Deeds Hollywood Premiere Tyler Perry and the stars of Good Deeds come out to share...
- I Am Wesley Deeds Tyler Perry talks about taking on one of his more...
- Tyler's New Faces Tyler Perry talks about bringing in some new talent on...
- Tyler's Ladies Tyler Perry, Thandie Newton and Gabrielle Union talk...
Top 10 Fun Facts
- This is the eleventh out of thirteen films (so far!) that Tyler Perry has both directed and appeared in.
- Good Deeds was up for Best Movie at the 2012 BET Awards, but lost out to The Help.
- Think they shared a cake? Co-stars Thandie Newton and Rebecca Romijn have the same birthday, down to the year: November 6, 1972.
- Getting the gang back together: co-stars Eddie Cibrian, Gabrielle Union and Brian White had all appearaed together in a 2007 TV pilot called Football Wives.
- Summer in the south: principal photography on the film took place between April and June 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- If you want something done right, do it yourself: Tyler Perry wrote, produced, directed and starred as Wesley Deeds in the film.
- A studio within a studio: Perry produced the film under the banner of his 34th Street Films, part of the larger Tyler Perry Studios.
- How big is your cubicle? Tyler Perry Studios occupies a pair of former Delta Airlines buildings in southwest Atlanta, covering 200,000 square feet of sets and office space.
- Not the kind of "heat" you want your movies to generate: a 4-alarm fire broke out in the Tyler Perry Studios complex on May 1, 2012, causing a building to partially collapse.
- Sharing the wealth: Tyler Perry uses 34th Street Films to produce non-comedy films, as well as for projects by other filmmakers.