Here's the thing about The Cabin in the Woods. The less you know going in, the more spectacular your movie magic experience will be. And we wouldn't want to rob you of a single oh my, no way or har-dee-har-har. So just know that there's a cabin in some woods, some meddling kids who stumble upon something unexpected, and a rip-roaring good time just waiting for you to press play.
Trailers + Extras
- The Cabin In The Woods Trailer 1
- Getting Away with It The filmmakers talk about creating the vision and style...
- The Cabin In the Woods TV Spot 1
- Truth or Dare
- Behind the Scenes
- Split Up
- Casting a Family The filmmakers talk about casting for The Cabin in the Woods
- Bigger & Better Horror The cast and crew talk about creating a new take on the...
- EPIX Live: The Cabin in the Woods Watch Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard in a live interactive...
- Death By A Monster The filmmakers discuss which of their monster creations...
- Mixing up the Monsters The cast and crew talk about filming their scenes with...
- The Puppet Masters The cast and crew talk about the scary moments in making...
Top 10 Fun Facts
- Strike while the iron's hot: Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard wrote the screenplay in just three days.
- Lone Star debut: the movie made its premiere at Austin's South by Southwest Film Festival.
- Good things come to those who wait: this is one of two movies Chris Hemsworth made in 2009 that didn't hit the big screen until 2012.
- Don't forget the lip gloss: actress Maya Massar spent 4 to 6 hours having the "Mother Buckner" makeup applied each day.
- Canada, for all your creepy cabin needs! The film was shot on location in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- How's your latin? The passage Dana reads from the diary means "Pain outlives the flesh. Pain raises the flesh. Pain ignites the spirit."
- Big Brother is watching: the gang reads from a book passage dated April 4th, the same day that George Orwell's 1984 begins.
- Continuity crazies: when Marty stands on the dock watching his friends swim, a green towel appears and disappears on his shoulders.
- Can't get enough Cabin in the Woods? There's also an Official Visual Companion book as well as a novelization.
- Big scares, small runtime: the movie won a Golden Trailer Award for Best Horror TV spot.