After a young, middle class couple moves into what seems like a typical suburban 'starter' tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be somehow demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night.
Click here to watch the unrated version!
Trailers + Extras
- Paranormal Activity 2 TV Spot
- A Screening for the Fans The fans come out to see the movie and meet the filmmakers
- NYC Fan Screening Fans come to a screening of Paranormal Activity 2 in NYC
- Los Angeles Fan Screening Fans come to a screening of Paranormal Activity 2 in LA
- Kichen Cabinets Fly Open
- Found Footage
- They're Just Evil
- I Felt Something
- Sleeping on the Couch
- Hanging Pan Drops
- Paranormal Activity 2 Trailer
- Interview: "Katie Featherson On Why Paranormal Activity Is Successful"
- Interview: "Oren Peli On Watching The Film With An Audience"
Top 10 Fun Facts
- Shouldn't it be Paranormal Activity Minus 2? This sequel is actually a prequel, taking place two months before the events of the first film.
- Director Oren Peli returned as producer for this one, while directing duties went to Tod Williams (eventually; see #3).
- The director's chair initially said "Kevin Greutert," until Greutert was called back to follow up Saw VI with Saw: The Final Chapter.
- Teaser? I hardly know her! The teaser trailer was so terrifying that several Texas theaters pulled it from rotation, thanks to complaints from petrified movie goers.
- Suck it, Dr. Manhattan: Paranormal Activity 2 broke the record for biggest midnight gross for an R-rated movie, previously held by The Watchmen.
- What's in a code name? The movie was shipped to theaters under the name "Sharpie 79."
- Hey! Ho! Inside Joke! In the movie, teenager Ali's room features posters for punk rock acts The Misfits and The Ramones. Her father's name in the movie is Daniel Rey - a producer for both bands.
- Victory lap: the first film's stars, Katie Featherston and Micah Sloat, both reprise their roles in the prequel. We bet they actually got trailers this time.
- Believe it or not, the house used for this film is the same one used in the original Paranormal Activity. Thanks to the success of the first movie, homeowner Oren Peli had extensive renovations done to the home.
- Can't get enough? Paranormal Activity 3 is slated for an October 21, 2011 release date. Better catch plenty of zzz's until then, because you're looking at a lot of sleepless nights afterward.