With Great Power explores the life of Stan Lee from the early days of his Depression era upbringing through the Marvel age of comics! The film uncovers original transcripts, illustrations, photographs and stories of Lee's journey from his early years at Timely Comics, his military service, the comic book industry's censorship battle of the 1950's, the dawn of Marvel Comics and the legendary characters Stan co-created, to his current company POW! Entertainment.
Trailers + Extras
- With Great Power
- With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story
- Staff Nicknames
- Being in Charge
- Deeper Superheroes
- Depending on Technology Stan Lee talks about how the Marvel movies couldn't have...
- Stan's Marvelous Cameos Stan Lee talks abut his involvement in the Marvel films
- EPIX Live: Stan Lee EPIX Live sits down with Stan Lee and talks about the...
Top 10 Fun Facts
- How's your Latin? Stan Lee's weekly Marvel "Stan's Soapbox" column always ended with the word Excelsior, which means "ever upward."
- Everybody loves a swashbuckler: Stan Lee found some of his earliest inspiration in the adventure flicks of Errol Flynn.
- You gotta start somewhere: some of Stan Lee's first jobs included writing obituaries, delivering sandwiches and selling subscriptions to the New York Herald Tribune.
- It's all about the name: ambitious young Stanley Lieber made his comic-book debut in Captain America Comics #3, using the psuedonym "Stan Lee."
- Doing his duty: Stan Lee served in the Army during World War II, using his writing and drawing skills as part of the Signal Corps.
- Good company: Stan Lee's playwright contemporaries in the Army included Frank Capra and Dr. Seuss.
- Happy New Year: Stan Lee was honored with his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on January 4, 2011.
- Hey, is that...? In addition to his many cameos in Marvel character movies, Stan Lee also appears as himself alongside Jack Kirby in The Fantastic Four No. 10.
- Alliteration always acceptable: Stan Lee often gave his characters first and last names starting with the same letter, as a way to make them more memorable. Right, Peter Parker?
- Don't strain your eyes: Stan Lee has appeared in every Marvel movie based on his characters except 2003's sequel X2.
- Select Your TV Provider
sign up to watch
- Please choose0
- Please choose0
- AT&T U-verse 22
- Bright House Networks 21
- Charter Spectrum 8
- Cox Communications 7
- DISH 10
- EPB Fiber Optics 15
- Frontier Communications 11
- GVTC Communications 31
- Hargray 26
- Hawaiian Telcom 18
- Home Telecom 19
- HTC Digital Cable 24
- Mediacom 9
- North State 23
- Time Warner Cable 20
- Verizon Fios 1
Log InForgot password?