A quest that begins as a personal vendetta for the fierce Cimmerian warrior soon turns into an epic battle against hulking rivals, horrific monsters, and impossible odds, as Conan realizes he is the only hope of saving the great nations of Hyboria from an encroaching reign of supernatural evil.
Trailers + Extras
- A New Conan The cast of Conan the Barbarian talk about what makes his...
- Conan the Barbarian Premiere The cast & crew come out to celebrate the premiere of...
- Being Content The cast talk about the three things that make them...
- Jason Gives It His All Jason Momoa talks about the pressures of taking on Conan
- EPIX NEWS: SPECIAL EDITION: EPIX at Comic-Con! Conan the Barbarian
- Conan The Barbarian Trailer 1
- Conan The Barbarian Trailer 2
- Conan the Barbarian Red Band Trailer
- Conan the Barbarian TV Spot 1
- Conan the Barbarian TV Spot 2
- Young Conan Egg Race
- The Franchise
- Momoa as Conan
- Who Is Conan the Barbarian? Author Paul M. Sammon talks about the everyman, Conan the...
- The History Behind Conan the Barbarian Author Paul M. Sammon talks about the history behind...
Top 10 Fun Facts
- Gotta make your Barbarians look good: the film was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Makeup.
- Change in plans: before Marcus Nispel signed on to direct, Brett Ratner was attached to helm the project.
- Before Jason Momoa nabbed the role of the fierce Cimmerian, CW stars Kellan Lutz and Jared Padalecki were considered for the part.
- From Ivan Drago to Whiplash: Dolph Lundgren and Mickey Rourke were both in early talks to play Conan's father Corin.
- Like father, like son: before taking on the role of Conan's dad in this film, Ron Pearlman had voiced Conan himself in both a video game and an animated movie.
- European getaway: the movie was shot primarily at the Nu Boyana Film Studios in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Training with the best: to prepare for the role, Jason Momoa bulked up by training with stunt experts David Leitch (who worked on The Bourne Ultimatum) and Chad Stahelski (martial arts stunt coordinator for The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions).
- If it ain't broke: at one point the film was going to be called Conan, and then Conan 3D, but filmmakers ultimately decided to keep the title of the 1982 original.
- It's not unusual: the film is narrated by Morgan Freeman (of course, that's true of a LOT of films).
- Not meant to be: in the late 1990s, another Conan sequel had been planned called King Conan: Crown of Iron. But Arnold Schwarzenegger became unavailable when he was elected governor of California.