A Liar's Autobiography is a film based on the memoir of the late Monty Python member, Graham Chapman, who died in 1989. This animated feature, made in association with Bill and Ben Productions Ltd., Trinity Films (UK) and Brainstorm Media, tells the story of Chapman's life in the famously atypical Python style. The EPIX original will feature recordings of Chapman that he made of his book in 1982 and reunites the Monty Python troupe that includes John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin and Terry Jones.
Trailers + Extras
- A Liar's Autobiography Trailer
- Sigmund Freud Analyzes Graham Chapman Sigmund Freud (hilariously voiced by Cameron Diaz)...
- Growing Up in Leamington Graham recalls his humble (or not so) beginnings in...
- Critics Quotes
- The Animators A look behind the scenes with the animators of A Liar's...
- Oscar Wilde On stage with the Pythons, Graham plays (and quotes) the...
- The Origins of the Flying Circus In this animated clip, Graham Chapman and his comedy...
- Graham as a Philandering Alcoholic Graham wakes up after a rough night and isn't quite sure...
- Commissioned to Write a Script Graham Chapman and John Cleese are sent to Spain and...
- Graham's Sexuality Graham bravely comes out of the closet despite society's...
- The Audio Recordings
- Obsessed With Fame Graham Chapman is overcome with namedropping and being...
- Coming Out to Mom on TV In this animated clip, Graham Chapman comes out on...
- Graham Falls in Love Graham finds what he's been looking for, and finally...
- Sit On My Face Song Sing and dance along to the incredibly catchy "Sit on my...
- Sexual Awakening Quite_alot_Happens_Sexual_Awakening
- Being With Women, Thinking About Men Graham discusses coveting women in medical school while...
Top 10 Fun Facts
- Art imitates life: the film is based on the fictional autobiography written by Monty Python member Graham Chapman.
- If at first you don't succeed...publish, publish and publish again: first published in Britain in 1980, the autobiography was republished in 1991, 1999 and 2011.
- How's that for diversity? The film features 15, yes FIFTEEN, different types of animation from 15 different animation companies.
- What's in a name? The FULL name of the film is 'A Liar's Autobiography - The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman'.
- Truth be told: Terry Jones was asked what was true about Chapman's account. Jones said, "Nothing...it's all a downright, absolute, blackguardly lie."
- No one said it better: the film features Graham Chapman's voice taken from a reading of his own autobiography.
- All in the family: Monty Python member Michael Palin lends his voice as Chapman's father while Terry Jones voices Chapman's mother. Terry Gilliam voices Graham's psychiatrist while John Cleese's voice will be matched with that of Chapman's.
- On the outside looking in: Eric Idle is the only original Monty Python member not in the film.
- A-list cameo: Sigmund Freud was voiced by none other than Cameron Diaz.
- Local's only: the 3D film was produced and directed by London's own Bill Jones, Ben Timlett and Jeff Simpson and their Bill and Ben Productions.
- Select Your TV Provider
sign up to watch
- Please choose0
- Please choose0
- AT&T U-verse 22
- Bright House Networks 21
- Charter Spectrum 8
- Cox Communications 7
- DISH 10
- EPB Fiber Optics 15
- Frontier Communications 11
- GVTC Communications 31
- Hargray 26
- Hawaiian Telcom 18
- Home Telecom 19
- HTC Digital Cable 24
- Mediacom 9
- North State 23
- Time Warner Cable 20
- Verizon Fios 1
Log InForgot password?