A Liar's Autobiography is a film based on the memoir of the late Monty Python member, Graham Chapman, who died in 1989. This animated feature, made in association with Bill and Ben Productions Ltd., Trinity Films (UK) and Brainstorm Media, tells the story of Chapman's life in the famously atypical Python style. The EPIX original will feature recordings of Chapman that he made of his book in 1982 and reunites the Monty Python troupe that includes John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin and Terry Jones.
Trailers + Extras
- A Liar's Autobiography Trailer
- Cameron Diaz/Sigmund Freud
- Growing Up in Leamington
- Critics Quotes
- The Animators A look behind the scenes with the animators of A Liar's...
- Oscar Wilde
- Flying Circus
- Graham as a Philandering Alcoholic
- Commissioned to Write a Script
- Graham's Sexuality
- The Audio Recordings
- Obsessed with Fame
- Coming Out to Mom on TV
- Graham Falls in Love
- Sit On My Face Song
- Sexual Awakening
- Women He Slept With While Thinking About Other Men
Top 10 Fun Facts
- Art imitates life: the film is based on the fictional autobiography written by Monty Python member Graham Chapman.
- If at first you don't succeed...publish, publish and publish again: first published in Britain in 1980, the autobiography was republished in 1991, 1999 and 2011.
- How's that for diversity? The film features 15, yes FIFTEEN, different types of animation from 15 different animation companies.
- What's in a name? The FULL name of the film is 'A Liar's Autobiography - The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman'.
- Truth be told: Terry Jones was asked what was true about Chapman's account. Jones said, "Nothing...it's all a downright, absolute, blackguardly lie."
- No one said it better: the film features Graham Chapman's voice taken from a reading of his own autobiography.
- All in the family: Monty Python member Michael Palin lends his voice as Chapman's father while Terry Jones voices Chapman's mother. Terry Gilliam voices Graham's psychiatrist while John Cleese's voice will be matched with that of Chapman's.
- On the outside looking in: Eric Idle is the only original Monty Python member not in the film.
- A-list cameo: Sigmund Freud was voiced by none other than Cameron Diaz.
- Local's only: the 3D film was produced and directed by London's own Bill Jones, Ben Timlett and Jeff Simpson and their Bill and Ben Productions.
sign up to watch
Log InForgot password?