American truck driver Paul Conroy wakes up in a box - his hands tied, his mouth gagged. In a fog of panic and terror, he must figure out where he is, how he got there and what he can possibly do to save himself. We could tell you more, but that would rob you of the sheer thrill of watching Ryan Reynolds turn in a gut-wrenching performance in a story that makes Cast Away look like an ensemble film.
Trailers + Extras
- Buried Trailer
- Derek Gets Buried Our producer Derek gets Buried at Comic-Con
- The Buried Premiere Cast & crew show up for the NY Premiere
- Channeling Hitchcock The Cast & Crew talk about honoring Hitchcock
- Ryan's One-Man Performance Ryan & Rodrigo discuss their working relationship
- Filming in a Box Ryan & Rodrigo talk about the challenges of shooting Buried
- Buried Trailer 2
- Interview: Rodrigo Cortes & Ryan Reynolds "On How Many Coffins Were Used In The Film"
Top 10 Fun Facts
- From a box in the ground to swanky Park City: the movie made its debut at the 2010 Sundance Film Fest, where it quickly became one of the year's most buzzed about entries.
- What can YOU do in two and a half weeks? Buried was filmed over a 17-day stretch in Barcelona, Spain.
- Director Rodrigo Cortes used the films of Alfred Hitchcock as inspiration (probably not The Trouble with Harry, though).
- Strasbourg, je t'aime! Buried won the feature competition at the 2010 European Fantastic Film Festival of Strasbourg, France.
- More awards for the trophy case: the film won Best Original Screenplay, Best Editing and Best Sound at the 25th Goya Awards.
- That's really six more than you'd think... a total of seven coffins were used during filming.
- Like-minded cast: the voice of Paul Conroy's wife is Samantha Mathis - who played a woman buried alive in the 1990 TV movie 83 Hours 'Til Dawn.
- Spoiler(ish) alert: Ryan Reynolds described the last day of shooting as "unlike anything I experienced in my life, and I never ever want to experience that again."
- Inside joke: Paul Conroy reads the date on his kidnapper's note as 23 October - Ryan Reynolds' real birthday.
- Truly a one man show: Ryan Reynolds is the only person we see in the flesh during the entire film - all of the other performances are voiceovers.